McEwan's alive and kicking
by Andy McKenzie
Robbie McEwan won the third stage of the Tour of Mallorca in Spain on February 8, to hand Farm Frites
their first major win since changing its name from TVM.
- The Australian made his run around 200m from home and outsprinted the pack to take the line in a time of 3:42.45
and give the Dutch side their debut win in new colours.
- Erik Zabel of Germany finished three seconds behind McEwan to record his third top three finish in a row.
- Spain's Francisco Cabello was part of the leading group and did enough to maintain his lead in the overall
- Cabello's compatriot Pedro Horrillo lies second overall 15 seconds behind, with Zabel a further two seconds
back in third place.
- The fourth stage - over a 157.9km course with three category two climbs - takes place on February 9, starting and
finishing in Soller.